This Type of Crown is Efficient for Posterior Restorations
Trident Dental Laboratories provides zirconia crowns and zirconia veneers to dental practices throughout the United States. We boast an extensive history of working with full-contour zirconia crowns. They provide an efficient solution for posterior restorations when strength is the primary need. This type of crown is virtually-unbreakable, so you can provide your patients with the durability needed to withstand severe parafunctional activity. With a zirconia crown, there is no porcelain overlay, but it is glazed with a smooth surface. It can also function optimally in the posterior.
What is Zirconium?
Zirconium crowns are made from a strong type of crystal called zirconia. This crystal boasts various favorable qualities—such as being long-lasting and indestructible. In addition to its strength and durability, zirconium is immensely compatible with the human body, making it a useful dental tool.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns Made From Zirconia
A zirconia crown can offer a wide range of benefits to dental patients. Not only have zirconia dental crowns become increasingly popular, but they offer various advantages. The benefits of dental crowns made from zirconia include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strength – When you consider how much force your back teeth exert on the food you chew, you can come to appreciate the strength and durability of zirconia. Because of its strength and durability, zirconia is often a good choice for crowns in the back of the mouth.
- Longevity – Zirconia dental crowns fare as well as metal-based crowns as far as longevity. Crowns made of zirconia are incredibly durable.
- Biocompatibility – This type of dental crown is less likely to produce a reaction or immunological response like inflammation in the body.
- Same-Day Procedure – Your dentist can make your zirconia crown in-office. There is no need for them to send an impression of your tooth to a lab to have your crown made, eliminating the need to stretch the procedure into multiple visits.
The Types of Dental Crowns Available
When it comes to dental crowns, there are various types available for patients to choose from, depending on their unique needs. Aside from zirconia dental crowns, other options include:
- Gold Crowns – These dental crowns combine copper and other metals, such as chromium and nickel. The significant advantages of gold crowns include their strength and durability. For patients needing back restorations, this typically isn’t the crown of choice, however, due to their glaring color, these crowns are not as popular as they once were.
- All-Porcelain Crowns – Also called all-ceramic crowns, these crowns are made completely from porcelain or ceramic, and they are the most popular type available today.
- Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal Crowns – These highly-durable dental crowns are a popular choice in the dental industry due to their strength and aesthetic appeal.
Contact Us Today for Zirconia Crowns
At Trident Dental Laboratories, we understand that an in-depth collaboration between dentists, surgeons, and laboratory technicians is the core of any successful treatment. Zirconia dental crown treatments are often highly-involved ventures for patients. We work hand-in-hand with dental offices across the United States. Contact us today to learn more. We look forward to working with you.